– A Bitcoin wallet containing 1,005 BTC mined in 2010 has been moved after 13 years of dormancy.
– The coins were valued at over $29 million at the time of publication.
– Some speculated that Bitcoin’s creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, was behind the movement, but a blockchain researcher believes it is unlikely.
– The researcher suggests that a long-term holder or entity associated with previous dormant Bitcoin movements may be behind the transaction.
– The wallet may be controlled by the same user who previously moved Bitcoin from wallets in 13 different instances between 2020 and 2021.
– This recent awakening is similar to previous instances where 1,000 BTC or more were moved from dormant wallets.
– Another dormant BTC wallet holding over 1,037 coins also recently transferred its funds to a new address, with a total value of around $31 million.
– The movement of these dormant BTC wallets has drawn attention from the cryptocurrency community.