– Bastion, a cryptocurrency startup founded by former Andreessen Horowitz executives, has obtained its first two money transmitter licenses (MTL) in New Hampshire and Arkansas.
– The licenses allow Bastion to offer services for fungible digital assets in each state, including the selling or issuance of payment instruments, stored value, prepaid access, and facilitating transactions with money and digital currency.
– Bastion has additional applications pending for MTLs in other U.S. states.
– The acquisition of the licenses marks a significant step for Bastion in realizing its long-term vision and expanding its areas of operation.
– Other crypto-related firms that have obtained MTLs include Alchemy Pay, Coinbase, Block (Jack Dorsey’s company), MoonPay, bitFlyer exchange, and Elon Musk’s X payment subsidiary.