– CME has surpassed Binance in terms of Bitcoin futures open interest after Bitcoin exceeded $37,000 for the first time in 18 months.
– The former head of legal and compliance at OneCoin, Irinia Dilkinska, has pleaded guilty to charges of wire fraud and money laundering in relation to the $4 billion cryptocurrency trading scheme.
– Bankrupt cryptocurrency lender Genesis has proposed a settlement agreement with collapsed crypto hedge fund Three Arrows Capital, seeking to reduce their claim from $1 billion to $33 million.
– SafeMoon CEO Braden John Karony’s bail release has been delayed by U.S. federal prosecutors who argue that he may try to leave the country.
– Binance will terminate Russian ruble deposits on January 31, 2024, as it wraps up its operations in Russia.
– Bitcoin is currently at $37,249, Ether at $2,078, and XRP at $0.67. The top altcoin gainers of the week are FTX Token, Kaspa, and Cronos, while the top altcoin losers are Maker, Tether Gold, and PAX Gold.
– Bitcoin’s “Terminal Price” suggests that its next all-time high may be at least $110,000.
– Taiwanese prosecutors are seeking to detain Chang Tung-ying, the chief partner at JPEX’s Taiwan office, on charges of fraud related to the JPEX cryptocurrency exchange.
– Australian cryptocurrency exchange CoinSpot likely experienced a hack resulting in a $2.4 million theft from its hot wallet.
– The digital exchange Poloniex suffered a possible breach resulting in attackers draining up to $100 million in crypto.
– In an exclusive interview, Janice McAfee, the widow of John McAfee, reveals her financial struggles and her desire for closure regarding her husband’s death.