– Former Alameda Research CEO Caroline Ellison testified at Sam Bankman-Fried’s trial, revealing her plans to step down before the collapse of FTX but fearing a bank run.
– Evidence presented in court showed Bankman-Fried’s concerns about buying shares in Snapchat, raising capital, and getting regulators to crack down on Binance.
– The SEC reportedly won’t appeal the court decision favoring Grayscale Investments, requiring them to review the firm’s spot Bitcoin ETF application.
– Terraform Labs accused Citadel Securities of playing a role in the collapse of its TerraUSD stablecoin.
– Mastercard completed a successful trial of wrapping CBDCs on different blockchains.
– Bitcoin, Ether, and XRP prices at the end of the week were $26,892, $1,551, and $0.48 respectively.
– The top altcoin gainers of the week were Loom Network, Trust Wallet Token, and Tether Gold, while the top losers were Mantle, Rocket Pool, and Avalanche.
– Memorable quotations from Grace Sabandar, the European Securities and Markets Authority, Caroline Ellison, Elizabeth Warren, Willem Schroé, and John Deaton.
– Ethereum’s losing streak against Bitcoin reached 15 months, with the price dropping to a 15-month low.
– A CrypToadz NFT was bought for $1.6 million, raising questions about potential money laundering.
– USDR stablecoin lost its peg to the USD after a rush of redemptions, resulting in a complete loss for one trader.
– Huobi Global’s HTX exchange recovered stolen funds and issued a bounty to the hacker.
– Zero-knowledge proofs show potential beyond crypto, from voting to finance.