– Over $61 million was stolen from Curve Finance’s pools in a security incident, exposing vulnerabilities in the DeFi ecosystem.
– The US Department of Justice is considering charging Binance with fraud but is concerned about the potential harm to consumers.
– HashKey and OSL have obtained licenses to expand their cryptocurrency trading services to retail investors in Hong Kong.
– Coinbase denies reports that the SEC told it to delist all cryptocurrencies except for Bitcoin.
– The Ethereum network celebrated its 8th birthday, marking its growth and success over the past eight years.
– Bitcoin is priced at $28,985, Ether at $1,823, and XRP at $0.63. Helium, XDC Network, and Bone ShibaSwap are the top altcoin gainers of the week, while Compound, Curve DAO Token, and Stellar are the top losers.
– Ilya Lichtenstein admitted to hacking Bitfinex in 2016 and stealing 119,754 Bitcoin.
– FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried is rumored to be secretly behind the controversial Bald memecoin.
– CertiK issued a warning about a potential rug pull in a crypto project called Crypto Cars, but investors dismissed it. The project later shut down.
– Cointelegraph explores what crypto exchanges do with users’ money behind the scenes.
– Other news includes Facebook’s losses in the metaverse, a text-based Discord RPG that uses AI and NFTs, and Girl Gone Crypto’s journey in the crypto industry.