– Paxos confirms it made a mistake in paying a $500,000 Bitcoin transaction fee and the miner who received the funds has returned them.
– A bankruptcy court approves the sale of FTX digital assets, excluding Bitcoin and Ether.
– Digital Currency Group proposes a new agreement plan for Genesis Global creditors, with potential recovery for Gemini Earn users.
– Franklin Templeton files for a spot Bitcoin ETF with Coinbase as the custodian.
– Several top executives depart from Binance.US amid SEC action and ongoing investigations.
– Bitcoin is at $26,465, Ether at $1,628, and XRP at $0.50. The market cap is at $1.05 trillion.
– Top altcoin gainers of the week are Toncoin, VeChain, and Bitcoin Cash, while top losers are ApeCoin, Astar, and Flare.
– The SEC charges Stoner Cats NFT series with conducting an unregistered securities sale.
– OneCoin co-founder Karl Greenwood is sentenced to 20 years in prison for fraud and money laundering.
– North Korea’s Lazarus Group is responsible for the $55 million CoinEx hack.