– Micro Bitcoin mining devices, such as pocket-sized and open-source kits, are seen as a stand against the secrecy and exclusivity of the Bitcoin mining industry.
– The developers argue that while these devices may not be profitable, they are important in fighting against the closed-source nature of traditional Bitcoin ASIC mining rigs.
– Open-sourcing the design of these devices promotes transparency and accessibility in the industry, allowing anyone to build their own miner and contribute to the decentralization of the system.
– The purpose of these portable miners is not solely about profit, but also about learning, understanding, and being part of a community.
– These devices are not meant to compete with commercialized players in the space, but rather provide an opportunity for individuals to run a rig at home without the need for expensive and clunky mining rigs.