– Approximately $600,000 in Bitcoin has been stolen from users who downloaded a fake Ledger Live application on Microsoft’s app store.
– The scam, called “Ledger Live Web3,” tricks users into thinking they are downloading the legitimate Ledger Live user interface for storing cryptocurrency offline.
– The scammer received 16.8 BTC worth $588,000 across 38 transactions using the wallet address “bc1q….y64q.”
– Microsoft may have removed the fake app from its platform.
– The first transaction to the scammer’s wallet address occurred on Oct. 24, and most of the transactions occurred since Nov. 2.
– The largest transfer was $81,200 on Nov. 4.
– This is not the first time a fake Ledger Live app has appeared on Microsoft’s app store.
– Ledger has warned users to only download Ledger Live from their official website.
– Microsoft has not yet responded to requests for comment.