– Random Games, a studio founded by veteran developers from popular franchises such as Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty, is collaborating with Immutable, a Web3 gaming ecosystem.
– The collaboration centers around Unioverse, a Web3 sci-fi franchise that spans multiple mediums.
– Random Games plans to create a platform that offers high-quality assets for game creation without royalty fees, allowing the Unioverse community to produce their own stories, games, and content.
– Unioverse aims to foster a continuous stream of professional and user-generated content, with users being able to monetize their creations and retain all profits.
– Immutable will provide the blockchain platform, tools, and services for Random Games, allowing them to focus on creating a great game without becoming blockchain experts.
– Unioverse features Hero NFTs, high-quality 3D digital items that can be owned in the digital world.
– Brawlers, a player-versus-player blockchain card game developed by Tyranno Studios, will be launched on the Epic Games Store.
– Brawlers’ PvP mode was designed by Richard Garfield, the creator of Magic: The Gathering.
– Releasing a blockchain game on the Epic Games Store is a significant milestone for Web3 companies, as it provides access to a massive audience under a reputable name.
– In Brawlers, players compete in wrestling matches and earn BRWL tokens that can be used to craft or purchase content. All in-game items are NFTs and can be traded among players.
– Blockchain gaming investments have reached $2.3 billion in 2023, with $600 million invested in the third quarter alone.
– Web2 gaming giants like Zynga are making strides into the Web3 realm, with games like Sugartown receiving instant adoption and high praise.
– Axie Infinity and Gods Unchained are leading the way in terms of transaction volume in the Web3 gaming space.
– Upland, a metaverse platform, will enable trading of its in-game utility token, Spark, on Ethereum.
– Guild of Guardians, a mobile rogue-lite squad RPG developed by Mineloader and published by Immutable, held a demo event showcasing its core gameplay mechanics.
– Guild of Guardians challenges the matured squad-based PvP gaming genre and will need to offer unique and original heroes to stand out.
– Other news in the Web3 gaming space includes Zynga’s NFT collection, NFL Rivals’ partnership with Amazon Prime Gaming, and the launch of Gods Unchained Season 2.