– Blockchain analysts initially flagged a $15 million USD Coin (USDC) transaction involving Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin as a transfer to the Gemini crypto exchange.
– However, the Ethereum Foundation clarified that the transfer was actually Buterin’s Ethereum Name Service (ENS) signing off on a transfer from a charity multisig wallet to fund a grant.
– The funds never left Buterin’s wallet, and the transfer was related to his biotech charity Kanro, which aims to address COVID-19 and other pandemic-related issues.
– Buterin’s various crypto transfers have been under scrutiny in recent months, with transfers from his wallets totaling over $3.9 million in September alone.
– This clarification highlights the importance of accurate analysis and reporting in the blockchain space.