OpenAI CEO Sam Altman expressed his excitement for Bitcoin during an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience podcast. He called Bitcoin a “super logical” step on the tech tree and emphasized its potential as a global currency free from government control. Altman, who also serves as the founder of Worldcoin, believes that the shift to a technologically enabled world, including Bitcoin, could help reduce corruption by enabling transparent digital payments.
Joe Rogan, while skeptical of the wider cryptocurrency industry, expressed his optimism for Bitcoin and its potential to become a “universal viable currency.” Altman has been a long-time supporter of Bitcoin and previously argued that a world transacting in Bitcoin would be more transparent and less prone to corruption.
Both Altman and Rogan expressed their concerns about central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) and their potential to give governments even more control over people’s spending. They were “super against” CBDCs and worried about the United States becoming a surveillance state. Altman also criticized the U.S. government’s treatment of the cryptocurrency industry, referring to it as a “war on crypto” that is disappointing.
– Altman sees Bitcoin as a logical and important step towards a global currency free from government control.
– He believes that a world transacting in Bitcoin would be more transparent and less corrupt.
– Rogan shares Altman’s optimism for Bitcoin and its potential as a universal viable currency.
– Both Altman and Rogan express concerns about CBDCs and the potential for increased government control.
– Altman criticizes the U.S. government’s treatment of the cryptocurrency industry, referring to it as a “war on crypto.”