– The developers of the Safereum project allegedly conducted an exit scam by selling over 700 ETH worth of its native token, causing the price of SAFEREUM to plummet by more than 90%.
– The scam occurred just hours after the team finalized a $600,000 fundraising for a derivative token called “Safepad.”
– Blockchain security firm CertiK confirmed the exit scam and reported that approximately $1.3 million worth of ETH was stolen.
– The stolen funds have been distributed through various wallets, making it difficult to track.
– The official Safereum account on X (formerly known as Twitter) has been deleted.
– The price of SAFEREUM has dropped by 94.1% since the scam.
– Influencers, including ProTheDoge, have been called out for their alleged roles in promoting the Safereum project.
– This scam is considered one of the most “insane” rug pulls witnessed by the pseudonymous NFT trader Died.eth.